Become a Boatshed Broker
For anyone wavering about work, thinking about employment or just inquisitive about a new income - then joining Boatshed could be just the thing.
Boatshed is a dynamic, global yacht brokerage business united by one common thread - passion for boats (and customer service - but that's two threads!)
How does it work (and what's in it for me)?
Brokers work alongside existing business owners to prospect for listings, expand awareness of Boatshed and upload boat details onto the website. There are varying levels of responsibility ranging from introducing boats to upgrade to manage a Boatshed territory for the owner. Basically, all the benefits of a Boatshed business without the responsibility of running it yourself - sounds pretty perfect eh?
What skills do you need to become a Boatshed Broker
1. A good wide boating knowledge, know your bilges from baggywrinkles, your gunwhale to keel bolts
2. Great people and communication skills
3. IT & technical knowledge
4. Operate under these core values "Honesty", "Integrity" and "Respect for people"
5. Be able to take great photos to show the boats off well.
As a Boatshed Broker:
You will be given full access to the online training website to learn about becoming an Broker. You will be given a Boatshed identity to allow you to immediately get out there and meet people, list boats and introduce prospective buyers. The responsibilities are flexible depending on how much time you want to devote to Boatshed and how much income you are looking to make but one day you could be visiting an owner, taking photographs of his boat and uploading it to the website and the next you could be participating in taking a prospective buyer around a vessel and accompanying a surveyor while they work.
What does all this mean for me?
In a nutshell, an income, an identity and lots of fun!
- Low start-up and ongoing costs depending on levels of responsibility
- A generous share in the commission
- Personal Boatshed identity with webmail, web presence, business cards and branded gear
- Part of an exciting forward thinking business that is expanding globally while working with a local friendly team
- There are extra branded items that you can buy to complete your Boatshed Corporate wardrobe.
What are Boatshed looking for?
Passion, drive, an interest in boats - the usual Boatshed values of course! And the ability to work on your own initiative with the support of a truly global brand. Plus we absolutely love feedback - ideas, improvements, innovations, changes, additions - anything that you think will help the Boatshed business you are working for to run just that little bit better. You will also be able to attend the events we attend so someone who likes rubbing shoulders with the watery glitterati would do well as a Boatshed Broker!
Boatshed is the world's largest yacht brokerage group that prides itself on giving potential buyers the most complete and accurate picture of the boat that they want to buy. Brokers personally visit every boat that they list, taking up to 70 photographs which are then available online to registered users anywhere in the world. Boatshed has more than 70 offices and each one is owned and operated under License by people passionate about boats.
Go on - make 2009 the year you join Boatshed.
If you would like to know more